As a team, Pitt had a lot of success this past weekend in a big win against Delaware. On Tuesday, the ACC recognized a couple of Panthers individually for their big games.
Starting running back was named the Offensive Back of the Week. In addition, guard Matt Rotheram won the Offensive Lineman of the Week Award.
The Panthers rushed for 407 yards and Conner had 153 of those on only 14 carries. Conner also added four touchdowns, meaning that nearly 30% of the times he touched the ball, he scored a touchdown. Rotheram, of course, was part of the line that opened up the massive holes for the running backs to go crazy. The line was so dominant, in fact, that the team didn't even have a single rushing attempt go for negative yardage.
In all, it was a really good start for Conner and the line. Good to see them get some recognition by the conference.
- Houston Texans' trade for Ryan Mallett could set Tom Savage further behind
- Know your Enemy: Boston College's Tyler Murphy
- 2015 Pitt Football Recruiting: Panthers land four-star offensive lineman in Rob Dowdy
- Cardiac Hill does the ALS Ice Water Bucket Challenge
- King of the Hill: ACC Power Rankings (Week 1)