Tough loss for Pitt on Saturday, but the weekly power rankings allow me to take a look around the rest of the ACC. The Panthers obviously dropped with the loss, but where do I slot the rest of the conference?
See below and let me know what I got right/wrong, as always.
1. Florida State (3-0): Even without Jameis Winston and some really shaky quarterback play, they were able to beat what many think are/were the second-best team in the conference. Still the one to beat.
2. Duke (4-0): My No. 2 team stays there after a 34-point win over Tulane.
3. Georgia Tech (4-0): Many teams in front of them lost and after a road win at Virginia Tech, time to give them some respect.
4. Clemson (1-2): Epic collapse against a Jameisless Florida State team. Still hard to drop them too much here with two losses against top 15 teams.
5. Louisville (3-1): Move up after a dominant win against FIU and losses by teams in front of them. They jump Pitt after having an easier time with FIU.
6. Pitt (3-1): Pitt slides a couple of spots after the Iowa loss.
7. Boston College (3-1): Eagles beat up on Maine and move up - had them ranked too low last week
8. North Carolina State (4-0): Like Georgia Tech, they keep winning. Still, best win against a bad South Florida team.
9. Virginia (2-2): Fall with a loss to BYU - still have the look of a good team.
10. Virginia Tech (2-2): Lost to Georgia Tech
11. Miami (2-2): Lost to Nebraska
12. North Carolina (2-1): East Carolina hung 70 on them - ouch. Unimpressive in narrow win in previous week to a bad San Diego State team means that slide a few spots.
13. Syracuse (2-1): Lost by two touchdowns to Maryland at home
14. Wake Forest (2-2): Beat Army, but still in the basement
- Panther of the Game: Tyler Boyd
- The Turning Point: A 62-yard bomb
- Talib Zanna invited to Oklahoma City Thunder training camp
- Pitt vs. Iowa: Secondary issues plague Panthers (again)
- Pitt vs. Iowa: Despite loss, another big day proves James Conner the real deal