Pitt looks to rebound after the disappointing loss to Iowa last week, facing the Akron Zips today. This looks like the most winnable game left on the Panthers' schedule, so a win here is an absolute must.
If all goes according to plan, Pitt will not only win, but do so easily against the Zips. The Panthers will be looking to run while the Zips want to pass. Going to be interesting to see how the Pitt secondary rebounds after a horrid second half against the Hawkeyes last weekend. The defensive backs could mean the difference in a Pitt blowout or a game that is closer than expected.
If you're not making it down to Heinz Field today, you can catch the game on ESPN3 at 1:30 p.m. Join us at that time to comment live during the game and in the meantime, be sure to leave your pregame thoughts and predictions in the comments section below.
- So far so good: Pitt kicker Chris Blewitt nearly perfect on season so far
- Know your Enemy: Kyle Pohl
- Poll of the Week: Iowa Tops Pitt
- Pitt vs. Akron: Running game likely to be Zips' downfall against Panthers
- Pitt vs. Virginia game time, TV announced