Pitt suffered a scare this past weekend when star wide receiver Tyler Boyd dislocated a finger in the team's win against Delaware. Despite the fact that Boyd missed the entire second half, though, he appears to be progressing just fine.
Following the game, all reports indicated that he was likely to suit up against Boston College. Boyd is still technically questionable, I suppose, but those reports of him playing seem even more definite.
Head coach Paul Chryst was asked about Boyd in his weekly press conference. He responded by saying he practiced on Monday and would do so again yesterday.
That's really good news, obviously. I figured he might be a bit limited and if Pitt is taking it a little easy with him, that'd be completely understandable. But the fact that he's out there is nice to hear. What we don't yet know is just how healthy he is or will be for Friday. You've got to think he won't be 100%, but it sounds more and more like he'll be in the game.
- Houston Texans' trade for Ryan Mallett could set Tom Savage further behind
- Know your Enemy: Boston College's Tyler Murphy
- 2015 Pitt Football Recruiting: Panthers land four-star offensive lineman in Rob Dowdy
- Cardiac Hill does the ALS Ice Water Bucket Challenge
- King of the Hill: ACC Power Rankings (Week 1)