Minor programming note here, but Pitt's game against Iowa in a couple of weeks has been announced as a noon start. While the game will be televised, what we don't yet know is exactly where it will be.
The game will be shown on either ESPN or ESPNU, depending on what happens after this weekend.
Both teams are currently 2-0 and a win this weekend making each team 3-0 could be enough to get the game shown on ESPN. Pitt will face Florida International while Iowa takes on Iowa State in a more difficult matchup.
Pitt could not only get onto ESPN if each team wins but the game will help the Panthers in the long run. Even though Iowa has struggled a little, knocking off a 3-0 Iowa team just looks more impressive than beating a one-loss team. What Pitt has been lacking is credibility and that would be changed a bit if they knocked off a major-conference undefeated.
So, yeah, root for Iowa this week when they take on former Pitt defensive coordinator Paul Rhoads and the Cyclones.
Be sure to join Cardiac Hill's Facebook page and follow us on Twitter @PittPantherBlog for our regular updates on Pitt athletics. Follow the author and founder/editor @AnsonWhaley.
- Pitt running back James Conner ranks second in the nation in rushing
- Pitt vs. Florida International: FIU likely to utilize two quarterbacks against Pitt
- At First Glance: Pitt vs. Florida International
- Pitt's best complement to Tyler Boyd? James Conner and the running game, of course.
- Artie Rowell out for the season