Thomas came to Pitt as a highly-regarded recruit and after moving around a bit, ended up as a linebacker. You might remember that Thomas had some issues at Pitt and actually nearly left the program. Fortunately for the Panthers, he stuck around and was a key starter for the team at linebacker.
For years, I've said that Thomas was one of the most athletic players on the team. I also cited that I fully expected him to be drafted numerous times so am still a little surprised he wasn't picked. Personally, I'm still holding to my guns here that Thomas is an NFL player and unlike many undrafted free agents, will get to play in the league.
There's no guarantee, obviously, and his road is a little more difficult than players the team invested draft picks in, but I'm still really impressed with his athleticism.
- Green Bay Packers Undrafted Free Agents: Matt Rotheram signs with Pack
- 2015 NFL Draft: Vikings pick T.J. Clemmings talks about injury, waiting to be drafted
- Pitt offensive tackle T.J. Clemmings slides to fourth round, taken by Minnesota Vikings in NFL Draft
- The Sporting News mentions Jamie Dixon as a potential replacement for Billy Donovan at Florida
- Durand Johnson transferring to St. John's