Some more movement in this week’s ACC power rankings. Still hard to know exactly what to do with Pitt but with every week’s games, things start to settle in a bit more.
The Wake Forest hype train, for now, is officially over. In arguably their first real test, they were defeated by North Carolina State. Clemson-Louisville was obviously the big conference matchup and with a win, Clemson moves back to the top.
The previous week’s rankings are in parentheses and as always, let me know what I got right/wrong in the comments.
- Clemson (2) / 5-0: With a 42-36 win over Louisville, the Tigers again look like the team to beat.
- Louisville (1) / 4-1: Loss to Clemson drops them only one spot.
- Miami (3) / 4-0: Comfortable 35-21 win over Georgia Tech
- North Carolina (5) / 4-1: Impressive 37-35 win over Florida State
- Florida State (4) / 3-2: Seminoles a very pedestrian 3-2 after losses to Louisville and now, North Carolina
- Pitt (7) / 3-2: Pitt up a spot after the win over Marshall
- Virginia Tech (6) / 3-1: Drop a spot after bye week
- North Carolina State (10) / 3-1: Up a couple of spots after 33-16 win over Wake Forest
- Georgia Tech (8) / 3-2: Down a spot after loss to Miami
- Wake Forest (9) / 4-1: Loss to Wolfpack was first of the season
- Boston College (12) / 3-2: Up a spot after easy 35-3 win over Buffalo
- Virginia (14) / 2-3: Out of the basement with a 34-20 win over Duke
- Duke (11) / 2-3: Drop two spots after loss to Virginia
- Syracuse (13) / 2-3: After a 50-33 loss to Notre Dame, meet your new basement team