Another week of action in the ACC and we've got updated power rankings.
Clemson-Florida State was the big game this week and the Tigers remained undefeated. Locally, Pitt stays at No. 6 because of losses by Miami and Georgia Tech, the two teams that were immediately below them.
Hardest decision for me this week was where to put Virginia Tech and Florida State. Hokies have a slightly better record, but Florida State has lost to better teams. Tie-breaker for me was the Hokies' recent win as well as their dominance over the Tar Heels - a team that beat the Seminoles at Florida State.
Finally, Boston College was the biggest mover this week, jumping five spots for defeating North Carolina State. That's a pretty big jump and they also lost to 4-4 Syracuse this season, but they also had to go ahead of the Wolfpack, who they just defeated, so that was another difficult situation.
The previous week’s rankings are in parentheses and as always, let me know what I got right/wrong in the comments.
- Clemson (1) / 8-0: 37-34 win over Florida State
- Louisville (2) / 7-1: Closer than expected 32-25 win over Virginia
- North Carolina (3) 6-2: On a bye week
- Virginia Tech (5) / 6-2: Defeated Pitt, 39-36
- Florida State (4) / 5-3: Close loss to Clemson drops them a spot
- Pitt (6) / 5-3: Stay at No. 6 after loss to Hokies
- Miami (7) / 4-4: Hold steady at No. 7 despite Notre Dame loss
- Georgia Tech (10) / 5-3: Up two spots with 38-35 win over Duke
- Boston College (14) / 4-4: Huge jump after defeating North Carolina State, 21-14
North Carolina State (8) / 4-4: Down two spots after stunning loss to Boston College
- Wake Forest (9) / 5-3: Down a spot with 21-13 loss to Army
- Syracuse (11) / 4-4: On a bye week
- Virginia (12) / 2-6: Down a spot despite respectable showing against Louisville
- Duke (13) / 3-5: With Georgia Tech loss, we've got a new basement team