Updated power rankings for this week.
Wake Forest moved up a couple of spots with their sixth win. No other real significant movement as teams either stayed the same or moved up/dropped only a spot.
Locally, Pitt slides down a spot after the Miami loss. Realistically, you can't drop them further than that since they own a win over Georgia Tech, the team below them. And no one should be taking Wake Forest's 6-3 record too seriously with their best win a victory over 5-4 Indiana. They have the padded schedule to end all padded schedules.
The previous week’s rankings are in parentheses and as always, let me know what I got right/wrong in the comments.
- Clemson (1) / 9-0: Crushed Syracuse, 54-0
- Louisville (2) / 8-1: Easy 52-7 win over Boston College
- Virginia Tech (4) 7-2: 24-21 win over Duke
- North Carolina (3) / 7-2: Easy 48-20 win over Georgia Tech
- Florida State (5) / 6-3: 24-20 win over North Carolina State
- Miami (7) / 5-4: Big 51-28 win over Pitt
- Pitt (6) / 5-4: Drop a spot after the ugly loss against Hurricanes
- Georgia Tech (8) / 5-4: Hold at No. 8 despite loss to Tar Heels
Wake Forest (11) / 6-3: Up a couple of spots with win over Virginia
- Boston College (9) / 4-5: Down a spot with loss to Louisville
- North Carolina State (10) / 4-5: Close loss to Florida State drops them a spot
- Syracuse (12) / 4-5: Lost to Clemson
- Virginia (13) / 2-7: Lost to Wake Forest
- Duke (14) / 3-6: Lost to Virginia Tech