Here are this week’s ACC Power Rankings. As I said last week, we’d see quite a bit of movement until we solidified things a bit later in the year. Some key things we saw was Louisville again looking very impressive, Clemson again struggling, and teams like North Carolina and Pitt scoring P5 wins. Shocker of the week probably goes to Wake Forest topping Duke.
Let me know what I got right/wrong in the comments. Previous week’s ranking is in parentheses.
- Florida State (1) / 2-0: A comfortable 52-8 win over Charleston Southern combined with another sluggish Clemson week keeps them at the top.
- Louisville (4) / 2-0: Blowout 62-28 victory vaults the Cardinals up two spots.
- Miami (3) / 2-0: 38-10 win over Florida Atlantic.
- Clemson (2) / 2-0: Unimpressive 30-24 win at home over Troy drops them a couple of spots.
- North Carolina (5) / 1-1: Comfortable 48-23 win over P5 program Illinois.
- Pitt (8) / 2-0: Up two spots with the big win over Penn State.
- Georgia Tech (11) / 2-0: 35-10 win over Mercer moves them up four spots with several other teams losing.
- Wake Forest (12) / 2-0: Could Wake be for real? They dropped Duke 24-14 on the road.
- North Carolina State (6) / 1-1: Drop three spots after loss to East Carolina.
- Virginia Tech (9) / 1-1: Despite blowout 45-24 loss on the road to Tennessee, drop only one spot to No. 10.
- Duke (7) / 1-1: Loss at home to Wake Forest drops them four spots.
- Boston College (13) / 1-1: Up a spot after defeating UMass, 26-7.
- Syracuse (10) / 1-1: Fall three spots after being routed by Louisville
- Virginia (14) / 0-2: 44-26 loss to Oregon keeps them in the basement.