Here are this week’s ACC Power Rankings.
The big dilemma for me was trying to figure out what to do with Pitt. They sit at only 2-2 but have suffered some really late losses and were in position to win both road games.
Ultimately, I kept them at No. 7 but went back and forth a bit between that spot and No. 8 where 3-1 Georgia Tech resides. Tech’s narrow win against Boston College earlier this year coupled with a three-score loss to Clemson at home was enough for me to slot them just behind the Panthers.
Still not buying into the Wake Forest hype train just yet with their four wins against Tulane, Duke, Delaware, and Indiana.
Let me know what I got right/wrong in the comments. Previous week’s ranking is in parentheses.
- Louisville (1) / 4-0: 31-point beatdown against Marshall
- Clemson (3) / 4-0: After a slow start to the season, Clemson moves up a spot with a nice 26-7 win over Georgia Tech
- Miami (2) / 3-0: Hurricanes were idle
- Florida State (4) / 3-1: 55-35 win over South Florida
- North Carolina (5) / 3-1: 37-36 win over Pitt
- Virginia Tech (9) / 3-1: Another blowout win for Hokies with 54-17 victory over East Carolina
- Pitt (7) / 2-2: Narrow loss to Tar Heels keeps Panthers at No. 7
- Georgia Tech (6) / 3-1: 19-point loss to Clemson drops Yellow Jackets down two spots
- Wake Forest (10) / 4-0: Demon Deacons still perfect after 33-28 win over Indiana
- North Carolina State (8) / 2-1: Idle Wolfpack drop two spots after other teams stepped up
- Duke (11) / 2-2: 38-35 win over a struggling Notre Dame team
- Boston College (12) / 2-2: 42-10 rout over Wagner
- Syracuse (13) / 2-2: 31-24 win over UConn
- Virginia (14) / 1-3: 49-35 win over Central Michigan