Here are this week’s ACC football power rankings.
Most of this is pretty standard this week, but Georgia Tech’s upset over Virginia Tech sort of throws things out of order. I always try to give head to head wins priority but the Yellow Jackets had to move ahead of Virginia.
The Cavaliers beat Georgia Tech earlier and they have the same record, but Georgia Tech also previously beat Wake Forest, so they deserve to leapfrog them as well. Basically, we’ve got a bunch of 6-4 teams that are now beating each other so Georgia Tech gets the nod over them as they just beat the ranked Hokies.
As usual, let me know you agree/disagree with.
1. (1) Miami (9-0) - Impressive 41-8 win over Notre Dame
2. (2) Clemson (9-1) - 31-14 win over Florida State
3. (4) North Carolina State (7-3) - 17-14 win over Boston College
4. (3) Virginia Tech (7-3) - 28-22 loss to Georgia Tech
5. (8) Georgia Tech (6-4) - Beat Virginia Tech
6. (5) Wake Forest (6-4) - 64-43 win over Syracuse
7. (6) Boston College (5-5) - Lost to North Carolina State
8. (9) Louisville (6-4) - 38-21 win over Virginia
9. (7) Virginia (6-4) - Lost to Louisville
10. (10) Florida State (3-6) - Lost to Clemson
11. (11) Syracuse (4-5) - Lost to Wake Forest
12. (12) Pitt (4-6) - Lost to North Carolina, 34-31
13. (13). Duke (4-5) - Lost to Army, 21-16
14. (14) North Carolina (2-8) - Beat Pitt
Be sure to join Cardiac Hill's Facebook page and follow us on Twitter @PittPantherBlog for our regular updates on Pitt athletics. Follow the author and founder/editor @AnsonWhaley.