Major League Baseball’s season just ended this week but it’s already time to start planning the Pitt baseball season for 2018.
The Panthers released their schedule earlier this week. The team’s first game will be on February 16th. Here’s the full schedule and some important dates are below.
- February 16th vs. Oakland (season opener)
- March 13th vs. Youngstown State (home opener)
- March 21st (road) and May 8th (home) vs. Penn State
- March 9th vs. Virginia Tech (ACC opener)
- March 27th (road) and April 17th (home) vs. West Virginia
- May 19th vs. Clemson (final regular season game and final home game)
- May 22nd - 27th ACC Tournament in Durham, NC
Now, the obligatory comments from head coach Joe Jordano:
"This is a very competitive schedule and will be a challenge early," said Jordano. "We are a young team with many new faces projected to be in the lineup, as well as several arms that will be competing for us for the first time. It is my goal to make steady progress and gain some momentum entering the always-challenging ACC schedule. Every weekend, from the opener to the last, will be very tough. We all look forward to the challenge."
As usual, the team will open up with neutral site games, playing those early in the year when the weather isn’t so great up here.