Here’s how I rank the conference teams based on what we’ve seen so far. Number in parentheses is the team’s ranking last week.
- (1) Clemson (4-0) - Beat Charlotte, 52-10
- (2) Virginia (4-0) - 28-17 win over Old Dominion
- (8) Pitt (2-2) - 35-34 win over UCF
- (4) Wake Forest (4-0) - 49-7 win over Elon
- (7) Florida State (2-2) - 35-24 win over Louisville
- (3) Louisville (2-2) - Lost to Florida State
- (5) North Carolina (2-2) - Lost 34-31 to Appalachian State
- (6) Miami (2-2) - 17-12 win over Central Michigan
- (9) North Carolina State (3-1) - Beat Ball State, 34-23
- (10) Boston College (3-1) - Defeated Rutgers, 30-16
- (11) Virginia Tech (2-1) - Bye
- (12) Syracuse (2-2) - Beat Western Michigan, 52-33
- (13) Duke (2-1) - Bye
- (14) Georgia Tech (1-2) - Bye
Few things to point out. From a Pitt perspective, they got quite the bump after their win over UCF. That bump was not only due to that game but how they also played at Penn State. Given the strength of those performances, I don’t know how you can slot them lower than third.
Florida State moves up based on the strength of their win over Louisville while the Cardinals move down. That was an easy one. Miami drops a couple due to that game, due to Pitt’s win, and due to a mediocre win against Central Michigan. We’ve also got some stability in the bottom six with all of those teams remaining the same.
Finally, North Carolina has to remain over Miami despite their loss this weekend simply due to beating them head to head and they have equal records.
What about you? What does your ranking look like?