Here are this week’s ACC power rankings. Not a ton of movement with the top four teams all staying the same. Wake Forest, a team I talked before about possibly being underrated, climbs to No. 5 after beating Virginia Tech.
There’s kind of a problem with the rankings for teams 5-8 with all of them beating up on each other. Wake gets the benefit of the doubt because their lone loss in that group was only a three-point road defeat to NC State early in the year.
Wake’s jump hurt Boston College who had to drop a slot despite easily winning their game this weekend against Georgia Tech. The other big mover of the week was 1-4 Virginia who lost to Miami. That loss wasn’t a bad one, obviously, but their move is more of a calibration after probably being ranked a little too high. Their only win was over a one-win Duke team and while their losses weren’t to terrible teams, none, other than the Miami game, was all that close.
- (1) Clemson (6-0): 47-21 win over Syracuse
- (2) Notre Dame (5-0): 45-3 win over Pitt
- (3) Miami (5-1): 19-14 win over Virginia
- (4) North Carolina (4-1): 48-21 win over NC State
- (9) Wake Forest (3-2): 23-16 win over Virginia Tech
- (5) Virginia Tech (3-2): Lost to Wake Forest
- (6) NC State (4-2): Lost to North Carolina
- (7) Boston College (4-2): 48-27 win over Georgia Tech
- (8) Pitt (3-4): Lost to Notre Dame
- (11) Georgia Tech (2-4): Lost to Boston College
- (13) Louisville (2-4): 48-16 win over Florida State
- (12) Florida State (2-4): Lost to Louisville
- (10) Virginia (1-4): Lost to Miami
- (14) Duke (1-5): Bye
- (15) Syracuse (1-5): Lost to Clemson