Busy week of ACC games this Saturday so let’s take a look at the latest power rankings in the conference.
Nothing changes at the top as Clemson won its game with Virginia and Notre Dame/Miami were both idle. We’ve got some movement after that as the Panthers take a tumble after their loss to NC State this week. The Wolfpack see the biggest jump with that win and they are, of course, ahead of the Panthers now.
Florida State wins but actually falls a spot as I’ve given Wake Forest more of a look after their blowout win this weekend. The Demon Deacons’ three-point loss to NC State on the road doesn’t look as bad as it did previously and their only other loss was to Clemson. Too early to tell just how good they may be but I think they deserved to move up a couple of spots.
And in the basement is Duke again — the only team without a win, even though I’d argue that they haven’t looked horrible. They have had a really schedule, facing Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Virginia, and BC. I don’t expect the Blue Devils will finish the year at the bottom and their schedule actually gets much easier.
Here are my rankings after Week 4. A team’s previous ranking is in parentheses just before their name. Let me know where you agree/disagree.
- (1) Clemson (3-0): 41-23 win over Virginia
- (2) Notre Dame (2-0): Idle
- (3) Miami (3-0): Idle
- (5) Virginia Tech (2-0): 38-31 win over Duke
- (6) North Carolina (2-0): 26-22 win over Boston College
- (11) NC State (2-1): 30-29 win over Pitt
- (4) Pitt (3-1): Lost to NC State
- (7) Virginia (1-1): Lost to Clemson
- (8) Boston College (2-1): Lost to North Carolina
- (9) Louisville (1-2): Idle
- (10) Syracuse (1-2): Idle
- (14) Wake Forest (1-2): 66-14 win over Campbell
- (12) Georgia Tech (1-2): Idle
- (13) Florida State (1-2): 41-24 win over Jacksonville State
- (15) Duke (0-4): Lost to Virginia Tech