Two weeks of games in the books but still an awful lot of unknowns. Some teams haven’t really been tested that much and others haven’t even played a game yet. Still, let me see if I can sort of make some sense of what we’ve got in the ACC.
From Pitt’s vantage point, some folks will be surprised to see I dropped them two spots. I did that because Miami had a great road win over Louisville winning by double digits and because North Carolina ultimately beat Syracuse by many more points than Pitt did. So those teams jump Pitt this week.
Georgia Tech and Louisville, who both suffered pretty bad losses, both drop several spots. But Georgia Tech remains ahead of Florida State because of their head-to-head win, obviously. After an ugly loss to Boston College, Duke is now the new basement dweller.
Here are my rankings after Week 2. A team’s previous ranking is in parentheses just before their name. Let me know where you agree/disagree.
- (1) Clemson (2-0): 49-0 win over The Citadel
- (2) Notre Dame (2-0): 52-0 win over South Florida
- (7) Miami (2-0): 47-34 win over Louisville
- (4) North Carolina (1-0): Idle
- (3) Pitt (2-0): 21-10 win over Syracuse
- (5) Virginia Tech (0-0): Idle
- (9) Virginia (0-0): Idle
- (6) Louisville (1-1): Lost to Miami
- (11) Boston College (1-0): 26-6 win over Duke
- (10) NC State (1-0): 45-42 win over Wake Forest
- (8) Georgia Tech (1-1): 49-21 loss to Central Florida
- (12) Florida State (0-1): Idle
- (14) Syracuse (0-2): Lost to Pitt
- (15) Wake Forest (0-2): Lost to NC State
- (13) Duke (0-2): Lost to Boston College