Pitt's final football game of the season is finally here as the Panthers take on Houston in the Armed Forces Bowl Game. I've run a couple of different previews here, but on paper, this is a game Pitt should win.
They'll be playing on the road and while the defense has been suspect this season, I just think difference makers on offense like James Conner and Tyler Boyd are very difficult to defend. You can expect a heavy dose of Conner in this one and when the team has been on his back, he's always delivered this season.
This might not seem like a huge game, but as I wrote earlier, a chance to get over .500 for the season shouldn't be taken lightly. Even more important than it is to us, you can bet that the players (especially the seniors, who are on their way out) want to finish with a winning record.
One cool thing to watch is how Joe Rudolph calls the game as the interim coach. He was the Panthers' offensive coordinator but Paul Chryst called the plays. It will be interesting to see how he does in that capacity.
Game time is at noon and you can watch on ESPN. Be sure to join us to comment live during the game.
- The Pitt Stop: Monthly Open Thread (January 2015)
- Pitt beats Florida Gulf Coast, 71-54
- Pitt vs. Houston Armed Forces Bowl Game: Preparing for the Panthers' final game of the season
- Narduzzi meets with Pitt players
- Pitt Football Recruiting: Pat Narduzzi and a look at remaining 2015 recruiting targets