Here are the most recent rankings after this week's ACC action. This past weekend, may teams, including the Panthers, were on bye weeks. But there were still several games, so as usual, we've got movement.
One thing to note is that while North Carolina State and Virginia both suffered some ugly losses, they didn't fall in the standings since they beat the two teams ranking right behind them in head-to-head matchups. Pitt had a chance to move up a spot but with the Hokies looking so impressive against Miami, they deserved to leapfrog the Panthers.
The previous week’s rankings are in parentheses and as always, let me know what I got right/wrong in the comments.
- Clemson (1) / 7-0: On a bye week
- Louisville (2) / 6-1: Dominated North Carolina State, 54-13
- North Carolina (3) 6-2: After a slow start, pulled away for a 35-21 win against Virginia
- Florida State (4) / 5-2: On a bye week
- Virginia Tech (7) / 5-2: Impressive 37-16 win over Miami
- Pitt (6) / 5-2: On a bye week
- Miami (5) / 4-3: Lost to Virginia Tech
- North Carolina State (8) / 4-3: Ugly loss to Louisville but remain ahead at No. 8
- Wake Forest (9) / 5-2: On a bye week
- Georgia Tech (10) / 4-3: On a bye week
- Syracuse (11) / 4-4: 28-20 win over Boston College
- Virginia (12) / 2-5: Lost to North Carolina
- Duke (13) / 3-4: On a bye week
- Boston College (14) / 3-4: Lost to Syracuse