So, with Pitt's big win over Clemson this weekend, they surely deserved to move up in this week's ACC power rankings. Unfortunately, it was difficult to make that move. Three of the four teams directly in front of them already beat the Panthers and have equal or better records. The other, Florida State, has a better record as well.
There's no doubt that the Panthers' win was huge. But in reality, justifying they move up this week is extremely hard to do. Wildly unpopular decision? Probably with at least a few folks. Along those lines, I also kept Clemson at No. 1. They still have only one loss and defeated the only other one-loss team in Louisville, so that was a relatively easy decision.
There wasn't any movement in the top eight, in fact.
The previous week’s rankings are in parentheses and as always, let me know what I got right/wrong in the comments.
- Clemson (1) / 9-1: Haha
- Louisville (2) / 9-1: Crushed Wake Forest, 44-12, after a slow start
- Virginia Tech (3) 7-3: Remain at No. 3 despite 30-20 loss to Georgia Tech
- North Carolina (4) / 7-3: Remain at No. 4 despite 28-27 loss to Duke
- Florida State (5) / 7-3: Defeated Boston College 45-7, but remain here with earlier loss to Tar Heels
- Miami (6) / 6-4: Beat Virginia, 34-14
- Pitt (7) / 6-4: Haha
- Georgia Tech (8) / 6-4: Hold at No. 8 despite upsetting Virginia Tech
- North Carolina State (11) / 5-5: Up a few spots with 35-20 win over Syracuse
- Wake Forest (9) / 6-4: Down a spot after Louisville loss
- Duke (14) / 4-6: Up three spots with upset over Tar Heels
- Boston College (10) / 4-6: Crushed by Seminoles and down two spots
- Syracuse (12) / 4-6: Down a spot after North Carolina State loss
- Virginia (13) / 2-8: Back in the basement with Miami loss