Coming down the home stretch with only one game to go. These will be the next to last regular season power rankings with this weekend's contests being the last of the year before the postseason.
Pitt won for the second straight week but still doesn't move up with the teams ahead of them all winning this past Saturday, aside from Louisville who still only has two losses.
Not much movement otherwise. Boston College moved up three spots, which would typically be a big jump for only defeating UConn. But the Eagles moved up that much for a couple of reasons. First, they previously beat North Carolina State and with the team's records now being even, they deserve to be ahead of them. Second, they didn't play the other two teams that were ahead of them, so moving them up wasn't a problem.
As always, let me know what I got right/wrong here.
- Clemson (1) / 10-1: Defeated Wake Forest 35-13
- Louisville (2) / 9-2: Walloped by Houston, 36-10
- Virginia Tech (3) 8-3: Beat Notre Dame, 35-31
- North Carolina (4) / 8-3: Beat the Citadel, 41-7
- Florida State (5) / 8-3: Routed Syracuse, 45-14
- Miami (6) / 7-4: Defeated North Carolina State, 27-13
- Pitt (7) / 7-4: 56-14 win over Duke
- Georgia Tech (8) / 7-4: Beat Virginia, 31-17
- Boston College (12) / 5-6: Up a few spots with 30-0 win over UConn
- North Carolina State (9) / 5-6: Drop a spot with Miami loss
- Wake Forest (10) / 6-5: Drop a spot with Clemson loss
- Duke (11) / 4-7: Down one with Pitt loss
- Syracuse (13) / 4-7: Hold steady with Florida State loss
- Virginia (14) / 2-9: Still in the basement with Georgia Tech loss
Be sure to join Cardiac Hill's Facebook page and follow us on Twitter@PittPantherBlog for our regular updates on Pitt athletics. Follow the author and founder/editor @AnsonWhaley.