Here are this week’s ACC Power Rankings. Obviously, the big conference game this week was Louisville dismantling Florida State and the Cardinals are the unquestioned No. 1 team after that.
I dropped Pitt a spot after the Oklahoma State loss but I’m not totally convinced Georgia Tech belongs ahead of them, either.
Dropping Wake Forest seems unfair since they won. But North Carolina State’s narrow loss to East Carolina looks less damaging and Virginia Tech’s huge game against Boston College warranted them moving up as well. Plus, Wake’s win over Duke looks even less impressive now with the Blue Devils struggling pretty badly.
Let me know what I got right/wrong in the comments. Previous week’s ranking is in parentheses.
- Louisville (2) / 3-0: The 63-20 blowout win over Florida State gives them the top spot
- Miami (3) / 3-0: Up a spot after an easy 45-10 win over Appalachian State
- Clemson (4) / 3-0: 59-0 win over South Carolina State
- Florida State (1) / 2-1: No shame in losing to Louisville. Losing 63-20? That’s another story.
- North Carolina (5) / 2-1: The Tar Heels hold steady with 56-28 win over James Madison
- Georgia Tech (7) / 3-0: Remain perfect with 38-7 win over Vanderbilt
- Pitt (6) / 2-1: Drop a spot after the 45-38 loss to Oklahoma State
- North Carolina State (9) / 2-1: Easy 49-22 win over Old Dominion
- Virginia Tech (10) / 2-1: Dominant 49-0 win over Boston College
- Wake Forest (8) / 3-0: Still undefeated with a 38-21 win over Delaware
- Duke (11) / 1-2: Lost 24-13 to Northwestern
- Boston College (12) / 1-2: Routed by Virginia Tech, 49-0
- Syracuse (13) / 1-2: Crushed by South Florida, 45-20
- Virginia (14) / 0-3: Lost to UConn, 13-10