After the awful news that Pitt defensive end will miss the entire 2014 season recovery from surgery for a torn pectoral muscle, the Panthers' defense took another significant hit.
Never mind that Pitt is already going to be without 3/4 of their starting line from last year - now the team is losing one of its top backups that was expected to potentially fill one of those slots.
The immediate possibility, of course, is that two-way player James Conner could see more action at defensive end. Conner was already slated to play some there, but it will be interesting to see if the Price injury means he's on defense even more than the initial projections.
With Price out, would you like to see Conner on defense more? Or should Pitt rely on other players to fill the void so that Conner can be utilized more as a running back on offense?
- Former Pitt football stars represented on NFL Network's Top 100 list
- Facts about the Opposition: Delaware
- 2014 Biletnikoff Award Preseason Watch List: Pitt wideout Tyler Boyd makes the cut
- Lamar Patterson contributing on Atlanta Hawks' summer league team
- David Durham named one of ESPN.com's 'Nice guys' in the ACC