We're still stuck in the offseason for Pitt basketball where lots of predictions will continue to be made. CBS Sports didn't have an all-out ACC prediction for next season, but did piece together a few thoughts.
Chip Patterson of the site put together an early top five and thought enough of the Panthers to rank them fifth overall:
Pitt loses Lamar Patterson and Zanna, but the James Robinson-Cameron Wright backcourt will anchor what should be another tournament team.
Putting Pitt that high in what should be an improved league is showing a bit of respect. Without Lamar Patterson and Talib Zanna, the Panthers are losing a big part of their offense and rebounding. There are lots of question marks about the team and I'm sure that not all of the writers out there will be so generous.
Personally having seen what Jamie Dixon does year in and year out, despite some big personnel losses, I'm not willing to pick the Panthers to finish outside of the top five. That said, you can be sure that the team will have their share fair of doubters.
- Jamie Dixon Remains The Right Man for the Job at Pitt
- The Pitt Stop: Monthly Open Thread (June)
- Pitt-Florida International time set for national broadcast
- Cardiac Hill Podcast - Episode 10: Steven Adams & OKC Thunder
- Ninja Swofford's new ACC logo font looks awfully ... familiar?