Later today, Pitt will host the Akron Zips in the Panthers' first contest of the season. Last week, the Panthers lost to Iowa after a subpar 2nd half, and the team will be hoping to rebound today to get to 4-1 on the season.
The game gives Pitt another chance to pad their record before a big matchup against Virginia next weekend. It goes without saying, but this isn't a game the Panthers can afford to lose. And at home, with a big rushing game against one of the nation's poor run defenses, it's really difficult to envision Pitt having much trouble with the Zips - particularly at home.
Below is the key information for today's game.
Date: September 27th, 2014
Location: Heinz Field (Pittsburgh, PA)
TV: ESPN3 / WatchESPN
Radio: (Local) 93.7 FM The Fan
Records: Pitt is 3-1 and Akron is 1-2
Spread: Pitt favored by 20 as of Friday
- So far so good: Pitt kicker Chris Blewitt nearly perfect on season so far
- Know your Enemy: Kyle Pohl
- Poll of the Week: Iowa Tops Pitt
- Pitt vs. Akron: Running game likely to be Zips' downfall against Panthers
- Pitt vs. Virginia game time, TV announced