Momentum. That word can be thrown around a lot in the sports world, but right now it feels like the Pitt football program has a good bit of it. The feeling seemed to start last off-season at the 2015 Spring Game held at Highmark Stadium. Pitt did a great job of marketing the event on a number of different levels. They held a draft to pick the teams to help spark fan interest, they had two famous alums as captains of the teams, and they brought back many former players to recognize. By doing so, it brought a sellout crowd of 5,325, which was good for 43rd nationally and fourth in the ACC.
Since that feel good day back in 2015, Pitt has done the following:
- Put together an 8-4 season, the program's best since 2010.
- A wildfire approach to selling out the bowl ticket allotment, which was conquered with ease.
- A Head Coach that has stirred the pot with the rival to the East.
- A top 30 recruiting class, the program's best since Dave Wannstedt was the coach.
- Off to a record start in season ticket sales for the 2016 season.