In what is becoming a never-ending saga, Jon Baldwin is now retracting his earlier statements and saying that he has not yet decided if he is heading to the NFL after this season.
Well, at least he didn't say he was misquoted.
Look, regardless of what you think about Baldwin at this point, this was a far better statement to make than the one his dad did when trying to cover up for his son. At the time, I'm sure the elder Baldwin was only trying to do what most parents would do for their child. But to say he was 'misquoted' was probably wholly inaccurate.
"Yesterday, I received a text message from a reporter at a time when I was very emotional," Baldwin said in the statement. "Because of everything that happened, I wasn't using the best judgment and am very sorry about the things that were printed. I love my teammates and coaches at Pitt. I have not made a final decision on the NFL Draft. My only focus is on my commitment to my team and preparing to win our bowl game next month."
More From Cardiac Hill
- K’Waun Williams snags fifth career pick in playoff win
- Jordan Whitehead shines as Bucs beat Eagles in playoffs
- Kenny Pickett floated as possible fit for Steelers
- Tyler Boyd finds end zone in first career playoff game
- Pitt makes top three of tight end Khamari Anderson
- Pitt upsets Louisville 65-53 to avenge close loss