Another loss for Pitt and another drop in the polls. Let's take a look at this week's conference football rankings as I see them. As always, let me know what I got right or wrong in the comments.
1. Florida State (8-0): Survived a test from Louisville
2. Clemson (6-2): On a bye
3. Duke (7-1): I refuse to make a logical comment here
4. Georgia Tech (7-2): Dominant win over fading Virginia
5. Louisville (6-3): Had Florida State on ropes with a big lead but couldn't finish
6. Miami (6-3): Trending upward with three straight wins
7. Boston College (6-3): Surging ahead after beating Virginia Tech
8. North Carolina (4-5): Lost big to Miami
9. Virginia (4-5): Lost big to Georgia Tech
10. Pitt (4-5): Had Duke beaten until ...
11. Virginia Tech (4-5): Lost to Boston College
12. North Carolina State (5-4): Beat Syracuse for first win in five games
13. Syracuse (3-6): Lost to the Wolfpack
14. Wake Forest (2-6): Mercifully, on a bye
Be sure to join Cardiac Hill's Facebook page and follow us on Twitter @PittPantherBlog for our regular updates on Pitt athletics. Follow the author and founder/editor @AnsonWhaley.
- The Turning Point: Do I really need to tell you?
- Panther of the Game: James Conner
- Pitt defensive woes continue
- Paul Chryst talks lining up Chris Blewitt's final kick against Duke
- Pitt Falls to Duke, 51-48: Blewitt Blew It. Got it? Good.