After sitting at No. 24 in the USTFCCCA's collegiate track and field outdoor rankings, the Pitt mens' team fell outside of the Top 25 last week.
The Panthers had a big week, first winning the IC4A Championships. As part of that team success, Desmond Palmer was named the ACC's Male Performer of the Week. Sprinter Carvin Nkanata even made the Kenyan National Team to participate in the World Relays.
After Pitt's IC4A title, the Panthers had a chance to climb back into the Top 25 rankings, but they narrowly missed out. The team came in 26th place with a total of 80.64 points. That was only 1.01 points behind New Mexico's 81.65.
Pitt still continues to lead the ACC as the highest-ranked team in the conference. Virginia Tech was the next highest, sitting at 30th, well behind with 61.42 points and Florida State is right behind them at 31st with a total of 59.05.
- Devin Street signs four-year contract with Dallas Cowboys
- Khem Birch Impressing in NBA Workouts
- ALL THE LINKS: Weekly Pitt link dump / "Hey Joe & Purple Haze (Jimi Hendrix)
- Pitt baseball sees ups and downs in first ACC season
- Pitt softball players Carly Thea and Tori Nirschl take home ACC, regional awards