The Panthers ended a two-year drought in not having any players selected after Aaron Donald (St. Louis Rams), Tom Savage (Houston Texans), and Devin Street (Dallas Cowboys) were all taken this past weekend. Overall, the conference had 42 players drafted, which was second only to the SEC's 48.
Some of the key highlights for Pitt and the ACC included:
- Four of the first 14 players were from the ACC, including Pitt's Aaron Donald
- All 14 ACC schools had at least one player drafted
- Three ACC quarterbacks, including Pitt's Tom Savage were selected
- Florida State had the most players from the ACC drafted with
18seven (18 over past two years)
- Pitt's three players were the most they had since 2011 (Jon Baldwin, Jason Pinkston, Greg Romeus)
All in all it was great to see Pitt get some more guys to the pros. Right now they've got some great representation already with stars Larry Fitzgerald, Darrelle Revis, Lesean McCoy, and Andy Lee all at the top or among the best at their respective positions. But eventually some younger Pitt guys will need to fill their shoes and it's good to see a few players moving up to the pros. Plus, it's a great recruiting tool for Paul Chryst who can talk up Donald and the others all year long.
- David Durham Could Be Key For Pitt D
- ALL THE LINKS: Weekly Pitt link dump
- Cleveland Browns Undrafted Free Agents (UDFA) 2014: Pitt cornerback K'Waun Williams headed to Cleveland
- Cleveland Browns Undrafted Free Agents (UDFA): Pitt safety Jason Hendricks heading to Cleveland, per agent
- Atlanta Falcons Undrafted Free Agents: Pitt punter Matt Yoklic to join Falcons